Welcome to The Porier Law Firm!
The Porier Law Firm is a Texas web-based law practice providing affordable estate planning services delivered via a secure online platform. The Porier Law Firm provides a convenient alternative to traditional lawyer-client interactions.
The Porier Law Firm is a law office operated by attorney Jonathan Porier.
The advantages my online practice offers my clients include:
- Convenience: No need to schedule an appointment, miss work, travel to a law office, or wait to meet with an attorney. Once you register on this Website, you will have access to this law office 24 hours a day, seven days a week, via your secure, personal login page – where you can purchase legal services, view your files, as well as monitor updates, status changes and charges – from any location, and at any time, that is convenient for you. Your entire transaction can be conducted online, without disrupting your busy schedule. Whenever you have questions for me, or need to communicate with me for any reason, you can send me a secure message from your private account, and I will respond as quickly as possible.
- Affordability: Because of the expense and uncertainty commonly associated with the traditional lawyer-client relationship and hourly-based fees, many people who need legal services are reluctant to consult with an attorney. By using technology to eliminate much of the overhead expense associated with operating a conventional “brick and mortar” law office, I can deliver the same quality legal services to my clients at competitive rates. Most of the services I provide are at fixed fees, with no hidden charges, so you can budget accordingly.
- Professionalism: Unlike LegalZoom and other non-lawyer alternatives which simply sell mass-produced documents, when you purchase documents or services through this Website you are retaining the services of a licensed Texas attorney who will tailor the documents and advice you receive to best suit your individual needs, protect your rights and interests, and ensure compliance with Texas law.
- Security: Attorney-client communications via this Website are secure and encrypted – unlike conventional e-mail, which is unencrypted and does not provide a secure means of client communication. My clients’ data are maintained in a Tier 4 data center – the most stringent standard of data protection, designed to protect mission-critical software. All payments are processed via a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) – compliant credit card processor, and no credit card account numbers are stored on our servers.
Of course, this “virtual law office” approach is not necessarily suitable for every legal matter. If, at any time during our communication, I determine that your specific legal matter requires the engagement of a full-service law firm (for example, if the commencement of a formal lawsuit may be required), or that I am otherwise unable to assist you with your legal matter, I will promptly refer you to a full-service Texas law firm or a Texas lawyer referral service free of charge.
In addition to the document-based services and online consultation provided via this Website, I am also available for face-to-face consultation, by prior appointment, on a limited basis, depending on the matter.
Accessing Online Legal Services is Easy! Here’s how it works:
1-2-3 Step Procedures to Access Services!
- The Porier Law Firm’s online services require you to register with the firm’s website which will give you access to your own MyLegalAffairs website.
- On the secure MyLegalAffairs website you can purchase the legal services you need and retrieve your item(s) online.
- When you are ready for check-out, you can save your data and you can purchase your selected service with a credit card online.
It’s as easy as that! If you would like to have legal guidance when completing a document, or would like it to be done for you please contact me via telephone, email, or Skype.
How Our System Works
- We help Texas individuals and small businesses deal with their legal problems without spending thousands of dollars in legal fees, or resorting to non-lawyer alternatives like LegalZoom.
- We offer legal forms bundled with legal advice for a fixed fee.
- We also offer traditional legal service that we bill either on a fixed fee basis per project, or by the hour, depending on the matter and the type of legal problem.
- Within this secure space you can purchase the legal services that we offer and your entire transaction can be conducted online.
- To purchase a legal form bundled with legal advice you start by completing an on-line questionnaire. You can start your questionnaire for free without paying a fee.
Compare the difference between a non-lawyer legal forms web site, such as LegalZoom, and our online legal services.
|Benefit||The Porier Law Firm
|Legal documents reviewed by a licensed attorney||No|
|Legal advice available (phone or e-mail)||No|
|Conforms to State Bar ethics rules||No|
|Licensed by the State Bar of Texas||No|
|Conforms to American Bar Assoc. “Best Practices”||No|
|Required to check for conflicts of interest||No|
|Required to adhere to State Bar confidentiality requirements||No|
|Utilizes state of the art document automation technology||No|
|Custom drafting of documents and legal advice||No|